Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Round II

I thought Obama won the first debate, but by a smaller margin: A- to B I think I said. This one I think Obama won with an A and McCain gets a D. Especially at the beginning of this debate, McCain seemed really tired and old and he was muddling through his words. He wasn't avoiding the questions like Palin, but he was answering them with a long convoluted speech containing every talking point he had.

I think one of the answers he gave talked about energy, the war, and healthcare...in a question about the bailout. I kept having to remind myself what the original question was.

On the other hand, I think Obama gave the best performance I've seen him give. He answered the questions great. He tried hard not to retread on old points as much as possible and he was very forcefull and commanding when he needed to be. No mistakes either...

The biggest point is that McCain just looks beaten. There is just something about him and his campaign that looks terrible right now. I just hope he realizes that the way to win is not to put Obama's life at extra risk by trying to link him to terrorists.

No comments: