Thursday, September 18, 2008

Faux News

For some reason this part of the interview struck me as funny. Hannity asks Palin about her specific role as VP and she basically lays out the broadest set of duties possible: “I will focus on energy independence and reform overall of Washington and tax cuts for Americans and reigning in spending.”

Then, amazingly, he presses her for specifics, and after trying to bypass the question by saying there is not enough time to explain it all, she takes it down about 10,000 notches and says that her duties will include “helping families with special-needs children and being able to strengthen our National Institute of Health…”


HANNITY: Governor, have you spoken with Senator McCain about your specific role in the McCain administration?
PALIN: Sure have. I'm very excited about the role that I will play as his partner. And I will focus on energy independence and reform overall of Washington and tax cuts for Americans and reigning in spending. The...
HANNITY: These are specific roles that you already talked about?
PALIN: Yes, absolutely. Absolutely.
HANNITY: That you will — you will take on as vice president?
PALIN: Right. So I'd like to talk about each one of them. And I wish we had hours to talk about this also.
HANNITY: I have nothing to do.
PALIN: OK. Good. Because another thing that we'll talk about also is the role that I will play that is very near and dear to my heart. And that's helping families with special-needs children and being able to strengthen our National Institute of Health also and find cures for presently incurable diseases.
But, first and foremost, an energy independent nation. We must get there, Sean. It is a matter of national security and of our future prosperity, being able to quit relying on foreign sources of energy to feed our hungry markets when we have the American supplies and we have the American ingenuity and we have the American workers to produce these supplies of energy.

No comments: