Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Trophy Wife

"Well sure, look at it! Young trophy wife, I mean, in the parlance of our times..."
-The Dude


John McCain has made history. He has both a trophy wife AND a trophy vice president. This is epic. Dan Quayle was a handsome devil, but I wouldn't call him a trophy. As for Barbara Bush...nevermind.

I'm looking forward to Sarah Palin's speech tonight, if only to see if she pulls out the "my road was paved by Hillary Clinton" line that earned her some boos last week. She may as well try it. The GOP cyborgs applauded when Joe Lieberman talked about some of the great work that Bill Clinton did as president by crossing party lines. Bill. Clinton. Applause. GOP convention. Never thought I'd see the day.

This whole Palin fiasco is like watching that part in Titanic when the ship snaps in half- you knew the boat was sinking, but did it also have to break in two?

(I figured I should reference the Blog's name and the Big Lebowski in my first entry. You're welcome!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great reference about the Titanic. I would like to think that I know the boat is going to sink and I am truly looking forward to the falling bodies hit the guard rails, however I am incredibly pessimistic today and I am incredibly nervous that the Old Man and the Beauty Queen might pull this whole thing off.